Monday, March 26, 2007

Lots of work

Yesterday we had temps on the 80's again. DH, and I, worked in the yard all day. I cleared out the back triangle bed, and raked all the leaves in the long bed by the back fence. I'm glad I did because my Sweet William was trying to come in, as was all my Lobelia! The SW looks sparse, so I don't think I will have the same show as I did last year. ;( The Lobelia looks great even though some were lime green from lack of sun.
I also planted out my veggies! I planted the lettuce, broccoli (all the plants that my dog didn't eat yet!), and green beans. DH enclosed the area with wire fencing.
In the afternoon I planted some Poppies around the tree (by the hot tub) in the back and in the back corner of the deck. Red Peony Poppies are around the tree and Heavenly Angel Peony Poppies by the deck.
Before dinner I transplanted several Hollyhocks that reseeded by the Hosta's. I planted them by the back fence, which will hopefully hide the neighbors rusting fence. If they don't make it, I have some that I grew this year, but they won't bloom until next year.
We finished off the day having a drink and dinner on the deck....heaven!

No comments: