Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool's Day!

Baby Hosta I grew from seed
Well, it's been busy, busy, busy in the garden this weekend!
I planted out the rest of my Poppies, and some pink Foxgloves. I planted the Painted Gaillardia in the front bed and moved some Blue Flax from the side bed to the front bed.
DH dug all the Hosta's up for me (the ones by the deck) They get way too much sun there (was able to grow Zinnia's in the bed, which tells ya there is way too much sun!). We split them up and put a group in the back bed by the compost pile, and the cute petite Hosta's in the front of the back bed, along with all the other Hosta's. Oh, he put several in the front bed by the window boxes. It's shady right there, so they should do well.
It's soooo windy out today, but nice and sunny. DH planted some Endless Summer H. where the Hosta's were which I hope will fill the bed more than the Hosta's did. We are going to plant Crape Myrtle where the Hosta's got too much sun.
My Hollyhocks are doing well after being transplanted. Just one plant is a little wilted and the others are standing proud.

No comments: