Monday, April 23, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!

Instead of planting out some of my winter sowed plants today, I ended up splitting and transplanting a ton of perennials. I don't usually move my plants around, but I want to get rid of a bed in the backyard. It DID have some pretty peach trees on the corners of this bed, but they finally pooped out from DH's neglect (shhhhh...don't tell anyone I told you!). Anywho...I dug up the Sedum. I don't know the name of this Sedum, but it's a pure white color that can be seen from a very far distance! I split each plant (had 3) into 3 and planted some in the front bed (by the wb's) and some by the Weeping Cherry Tree. I also moved some Aster....can't remember it's name either!....but it has a pale bloom color. I moved these to the side bed. I wanted to move some Catmint, but my back was killing me, so that will have to wait for DH.

The Sedum looks horrible, but it's very sturdy and should bounce back soon.

I saw signs of spring while I was in the yard. Here is my first Red Hot Poker bud! A Foxglove bud... ....some of my Glads are already coming up! My Forget Me Nots are still blooming... and the Candytuft's are still putting on a show.... ...and the Dames Rocket are starting to show their colors. Look what I found hidden.....a Hosta that came up AFTER we moved them!

No comments: